Today was our office Halloween party.  It was a potluck lunch with games and a costume contest.  I had a fabulous time and my silver silk steampunk gown even won first place in the costume contest.

I’ll be turning in my latest article for Foundations Revealed this evening after giving it one more review.  I’m pleased with the finished article and it’s been a lot of fun to work on.  It’s currently scheduled for publication in January and I’ll be sure to let you all know when it’s available.

This means other than getting my stockings article up I’m pretty much free through the end of the year and I’m thinking about what I want to work on next.  I have a web design project I’m working on but it doesn’t have a hard deadline.  I’m thinking about trying to finish up my Flander’s Gown by the end of the month and I’m also currently throwing around some ideas in my head for a project for a steampunk party we’re thinking of attending New Year’s Eve.  Maybe I’ll do both.

Or maybe I’ll enjoy some celebratory sushi before making any decisions.

I’ve been pretty quiet for the past several days.  Technically I’m still on holiday until the 4th and I’ve been spending my time working on one of my goals for 2009.  I’ve been working on a new sewing project.  It’s pretty different from my usual projects but I though you guys might like it and I want to share some pictures. 

We’re going to a steampunk party for New Year’s eve and I needed something to wear.  Preferably something with sleeves as Thursday night promises to be very cold.

A gown I made for a New Year's Steampunk party.

A gown I made for a New Year's Steampunk party.

 

Side view

Side view

All I have left to do today is add the buttons.  It was a really fun project and I enjoyed the opertunity to play with the steam aesthetic.  If you all are interested there are more pictures available at my gallery.